Holstejn Castle - 26,5km
The castle was founded in 1268 by Hartman, the son of the Moravian lord Crha from Ceblovice. However, the family died out, so at the beginning of the 14th century the manor with the castle was bought by Vok at Hrutovic family. He founded the family of the lords of Holstein with the half-triple coat of arms. Its members were often mentioned in leading positions in public documents and during sessions of regional courts. In addition to their ancestral seat in Holstein, the lords of Holstein held the castles of Cimburk, Vartnov, " Hluboký, Špránek , Náměšť ", Grünberg, Bohuslavice and Myslejovice and the fortresses of "Týnec, Zdounky, Dětkovice" and Konice. The family went down in history both in the Moravian margrave wars and in the Hussite wars. "Puta" from Holštejn and Zdounek was an important courtier of the Moravian margrave "Jošt". Vok IV. from Holstein participated in the battle of "Vyšehrad", where he fell as one of the leading Moravian lords. Vok V of Holstein sold the property and the estate fell apart. The castle was bought before 1437 by Hynek from "Valdštejn and Židlochovice", and probably sold it to "Put" from Sovince and Doubravice in 1455.
The brothers "Dobeš and Beneš Černohorští" from Boskovice bought the castle from his four sons in 1483, but after ten years they sold the goods to Hynk from "Popůvek". The castle was no longer maintained at this time and fell into disrepair. Hynk's daughter "Markéta", who inherited the castle in 1528, is spelled after the fortress in "Pozořice".
Holstejn Castle was built on a limestone promontory in which the Hladomorna cave is located, which was walled off in the Middle Ages and served as a prison. It was probably most used during the margrave wars, when Vok III. and Vok IV. involved not only in warlike activities, but also in robbery. I was here 18 people visited the activity 3/5 (149 ratings).
The extensive castle was built on top of an approximately rectangular limestone rock with maximum dimensions of 85 x 52 meters. On all sides except the west, the sides of the rock dropped steeply to vertical. A large cave called Hladomorna (sometimes also Lidomorna) is hidden inside the rock, connected to the castle by a rock chimney, the cavity of which is now filled with collapsed masonry.
Human bones and parts of clothing (buckles, buttons, fittings, etc.) of the victims of this terrible prison were found at the bottom of the Hladomorna. The entrance to the cave was said to have been walled off in the middle of the 19th century. Today, the cave is inaccessible as a wintering place for bats protected by the state, it can only be viewed from the entrance.
The castle is located on a limestone rock, about 300 m southwest of the village of the same name. A red sign and pointers to the signpost under the castle also lead from it. But even without them, you can't miss the place.