New Castle near Blansko - 32,5 km
Our most romantic castle is hidden in the middle of the woods high on a steep promontory surrounded by the river Svitava on three sides, north of Adamov, in close proximity to the Moravian Karst.
The new castle was built in 1493 by the brothers "Dobeš and Beneš Černohorský" from Boskovice, and material from the demolished Old Castle was used for its construction, which was partially preserved approx. 200 m in the northwest direction.
The new castle remained in the possession of the "Černohorsky" family from Boskovice. In 1562, the Czech King Ferdinand I of Habsburg issued a decision that he would sell the castle, which until now had been pledged by the kings, to the Montenegrins. In 1597, the family died out by the sword and the estate was driven out by Maximilian of Liechtenstein, who married "Kateřina Černohorská". When the Swedes came around the castle for the first time in 1643, they did not even try to conquer the castle, even though it contained a lot of property. However, in 1645, when the Swedish siege of Brno took place, the castle was ambushed and captured almost without a fight. According to the rumor, the castle guard was not very careful, they played dice in the open gate, so the Swedes had an easier task. Another legend tells of the betrayal of an Olomouc citizen who betrayed the castle's security and called for the gate to be opened.
In 1655, during the Turkish invasions, the castle was partially repaired and at the end of the 17th century it served as a dwelling for hunters. In 1703, another repair took place due to the impending danger from the rebels, weapons were also stored here. In the years 1805-1807, a romantic reconstruction of the castle took place, during which a high tower was built. The castle thus became part of the "Vranovsko-Křtinský" Lichtenstein area. However, when the railway from Brno to "Česká Třebová" was being built in the years 1843-1848 and the "Novohradský" tunnel was being driven, this tower was lowered due to fears that it would collapse due to tremors from the railway line.
In 1920, after the first land reform, the castle became state property. It came under the ownership of the "Křtiny" School Forestry Company, and there was still an excursion inn here in the 1950s. It was then left to its own devices and fell into disrepair. In the early 1980s, its rescue was undertaken by enthusiasts who took over the castle under the banner of the Czech Union of Nature Protectors in 1990. The castle is open to the public and various events are held here.
If you go to visit the castle, you will pass through the entrance gate, which is guarded by a gatekeeper. There are two buildings in the courtyard, one of which was built on the ruins of a demolished palace. You will also see three towers here. There are replicas of cannons on the castle corridors.